As we’ve grown we’ve gotten some questions. So, here is a FAQ. If there are other questions please drop us a note and we’ll be happy to respond.
Who runs SWWEducation.org?
- Dick Rylander is the chief administrator
- Articles and stories come from interested citizens as well as groups across the United States
Who funds SWWEducation.org?
- We do ourselves. No donations accepted or solicited. We don’t want anyone being able to exert pressure on what we cover or what we say
- We are not a 501 group. We are just normal parents, grandparents and educators who care about education and think being Watchdogs is important
What are we about?
- We are generally conservative in our viewpoints regarding education
- We believe in delivering an education experience that focuses on skills that children will need in the real world and prepares them for advanced education if they are interested
- We want more focus on Vocational (CTE) courses
- We are against Common Core and High Stakes Testing (like the SBAC or derivatives thereof)
- We want the best possible teachers and administration free of outside influences and pressures
- We believe in local control of schools. That means the highest coordinating authority is the State of Washington. There should be NO…NO federal government connection with education
- ESSA is no better than NCLB and is a continuing example of federal involvement in education that is unacceptable
- We focus on K-12 in Southwest Washington State and seek to keep school boards and district administration honest and transparent
- We do stories that local media either won’t cover or have no interest in
- We want school boards to be proactive and assertive instead of following dictates like sheep
How can you share an article or story?
- Write it up and email to us at swweducation at gmaildot com
- Or, you can use the contact form on our blog site: http://www.swweducation.org/?page_id=988
What if you want to comment about a blog?
- Just use the comment choice on each article…OR…use the contact form